Eicher Award Nomination
Submissions for the IAAE 2021 Carl K. Eicher Award for Best Doctoral Dissertation
Family, friends, and colleagues of the late Carl K. Eicher established a fund under the IAAE to support an award for the best doctoral dissertation in our discipline on Africa to honor his outstanding contributions to African agricultural research and education. The third award will be made at ICAE 2021, New Delhi, India and will consist of a cash prize and partial travel support to attend the conference.
The IAAE is now calling for nominations for the award.
- Any department of Agricultural Economics (under any name variant), department of Economics or allied discipline with a specialization in Agricultural Economics can present nominations.
- Nominations should be made by either the Chair of the Department or the principal Supervisor of the nominee.
- All doctoral dissertations relating to agricultural economics (according to the JEL classification) applied to an African problem (defined according the FAO classification of African countries) are eligible.
- Doctoral dissertations must have been completed during the years, 2018, 2019 or 2020.
- Each nomination must include a cover memo of a maximum of two pages on why the dissertation has been selected for nomination.
- Each nomination should include an electronic copy of the dissertation.
- Nominators MUST provide the IAAE with the name of a recognized Agricultural Economist who has agreed to serve as a member of the Review Committee to select the winning entry. Review Committee members will be asked to review three dissertations in the first round, and then to review the three dissertations that scored the highest in a second and final round.
- Please write in the subject line of the e-mail Nomination for Eicher Award ICAE 2021
Nominations should be sent to Dr. Surabhi Mittal (Member Secretary ICWAE) at email@example.com with CC to Dr. Uma Lele (President – Elect) at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th March 2021 (US Eastern Time Zone Standard Time 5 pm).
Prof Karen Brooks, Adjunct Professor, Adjunct Professor, School for Foreign Service, Georgetown University, Washington DC is the chair of the Eicher Award Committee.