IAAE invites submission of proposals for Organized Symposia for the 31st ICAE 2021 in New Delhi, India (20-25 August 2021). Organized Symposia proposals can be from all fields of agricultural economics and related disciplines. They should focus on a specific theme and be of interest to a broader academic or policy audience. The 90-minute sessions typically feature three to four short presentations on various aspects of the chosen theme, followed by comments from one or two assigned discussants and open discussion involving the audience. Variations of this format are possible, such as moderated panel discussions on a specific theme with short inputs from the panelists, but in any case, sufficient time should be reserved for open discussion with the audience.
Innovative themes and proposals that look at important academic and policy issues from new angles are particularly welcome. Proposals involving diverse groups of presenters and participants will be favored in the selection process. No individual will be allowed to participate as organizer and/or presenter in more than two Organized Symposia. All presenters listed in the proposal must have agreed to be included prior to submission.
Please note that inclusion of an Organized Symposium into the Conference Program will be contingent on all listed presenters/discussants/chairs being registered for ICAE 2021 by 15 June 2021. Travel grants will be allocated solely on the basis of the Contributed Paper competition, with none made available on the basis of Organized Symposia.
Organized Symposia proposals should use the downloadable template and contain the following information:
- Title of proposed Organized Symposium
- Name(s), affiliation(s), and contact details of the organizer(s) and chairperson(s)
- Extended abstract of overall session idea, objective, and format
- Intended target audience
- The author(s), title, and abstract of each of the short presentations (one author with affiliation and contact email should be indicated as presenter)
- Name(s), affiliation(s), and contact details of one or two discussants, who should be different from the presenters
- Confirmation that all participants have agreed to be listed prior to submission
A PDF version of the template should be uploaded during the online submission process.
Submission link will be activated soon.
Important dates for submission deadlines will be announced soon.